

Time is going by so fast. Our family day anniversary will be in a few days and it's hard to believe it will be 2 years since love brought us together in a small hotel room in Nanchang, China. God knew exactly what he was doing (duh), as if He doesn't always!
Reed is changing so much every single day and it amazes me how much. He loves to laugh, he loves to entertain and longs to please, he loves stuffed animals and always has to have 3 for mommy daddy and baby, he loves to cook, he is so tender hearted and gets his feelings hurt so easy, he is strong willed and independent, he loves his family and wants to always be with us, he is loving and tender, and he is so perfect just being himself. He is trying so hard to get his speech right and struggles everyday. He has been so patient with us and trying to get the letters to come out right but they just don't. It breaks my over-protective-mama-heart to think he will be subject to ridicule and laughter when he starts school not very long from now. He has already started to cry and get upset when we don't know what he's saying and I worry about his tender heart getting hurt and his spirit broken. (Oh Lord, I pray for the muscles in his lips to strengthen and for therapy to improve his tongue function and control so that he may better pronounce his words, I pray he will grow up to be healthy and happy)
His doctor is suggesting a second surgery on his palate when we go back in 6 months if his speech has not improved. Please pray we see improvement so that he does not have to go through another palate surgery. It hurts my heart to think of his struggles with the past surgeries and the ones to come.
These last 2 years have been joyful, sad, easy, difficult and a learning process for us all. I will never forget the first few days we spent together in the hotel room in China; Tim and I were new parents with so much to experience and learn including how to feed our new baby with a cleft lip and palate. One night we ever so gently broke up crackers for a snack and fed them to him one small bite at a time until Reed (as if to say "let me show you crazy people how to eat!") took a whole cracker from Tim and took a big bite. At that moment I knew that Reed would teach us much more in this lifetime than we could ever teach him and he has in such a short time. He has proved God's love for us is unfailing and that children are a true blessing, he has taught us how to love more deeply, how to live more freely, and how to persevere when things seem stacked against you. I love you my baby boy, today, tomorrow and forever! Happy 2nd family day on March 1st and Happy 4th Birthday on March 2nd. I love you to the moon!!!
2 comments:
wow .. he's all grown up nearly. Thanks for this post. I love seeing them bloom where they are planted with a moma and baba.
Wow...2 years? It has gone by SOOO quickly! They do teach us so much, I will write this in my prayer journal to be praying for his speech more often. It breaks my heart to even think that someone would be making fun of him. Praying hard on this one my friend!
Post a Comment