January 9, 2013

Hearing His voice

Sometimes I compare myself to others which leads to finding faults.  I read blogs or daily devotionals that often include some moment when God has spoken a clear word to someone.  These type of testimonies sometimes leave me thinking "What is wrong with me, why do I not feel like God speaks to me? Why do I not hear THE VOICE?"

This morning as I was getting ready for work I put in my contacts like I do every day.  After a few minutes my left eye started to hurt.  It felt like something was in my eye scratching the surface and all I knew was that I had to get it out immediately for relief.  As I was holding that contact up to the light looking to see what I needed to wash away with solution, it dawned on me........
That must be how it feels to God when we let foreign objects (anything that doesn't belong) into our heart; it causes immediate pain as he waits for us to examine our hearts closely in the light and let Him wash away anything that does not belong there.  Maybe it's too much time on social websites, TV, jealousy, bitterness, addiction or whatever is taking up the spaces of our heart that does not belong there. 

I think God speaks to people in different ways, and how we perceive His word is up to us. Are we open to hearing what he is saying, or do we just ignore the signs and truck along our daily road consumed by the noise of the world.......

No comments: