July 23, 2010

Grief

How do you help a friend who is grieving? Pray for them, send cards, spend time with them, listen to their thoughts and sometimes not even say anything, pray, pray and keep praying. I wish there was more I could do. It hurts to see a friend in pain. My sweet sister is also hurting because her best friend is living her last days in the flesh. She has suffered and fought the ugly cancer beast for a few short years and is now ready to join her grandmother and mother and walk the streets of gold.
I was reading a blog about a week ago that linked to a book that was for the grieving parent. I can't find the blog now and I'd really like to purchase this book for my friend. The book was titled "Heart To Heart" or something like that. Do you know this book?? Please comment if you do!

Day 13- Reed's new bed:

Day 14 Grandpa's boy:


Day 15: Day 16- silly boy!


Day 17 getting ready for nap time with Woody and Buzz:

Day 18- chocolate banana milkshakes, yum:

I have 2 different cameras and it's so funny how the settings make his skin tone look completely different. My sweet boy is growing up. Tonight when we were getting ready for bed he said "I love you SO MUCH mama" Thank you Jesus for placing this precious child in our care. I love him SO MUCH!!!

2 comments:

Heather BT said...

Don't you just love those true, unrequested words of Love? Calli, about 6 weeks ago or so, made another step forward, and has shown her true love for me more and more. It's just so nice to have the I love you not just be a response, but heartfelt words!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my heavens, I cannot even keep up with all of your posts! lol

I have read a book about grief and losing a loved one by C.S. Lewis, it is called "A grief observed". It is short and simple and you know he lost his wife to cancer and it was the hardest part of his Christian walk when God took her home.