May 13, 2012

Day 2

We are still in the unit waiting for a room to open up and today was a little better than yesterday. 
With the help of one very creative nurse, Reed had about 4 or 5 spoonfuls of a chocolate milkshake  (we were able to sneak them in after she brought a Wii to our room and let him race dad for a bit)
We've seen lots of sick little ones here and it really makes you wish you could do something to make them all better :(
It's a little after midnight now and I'm in my monitor obsessing watching mode. Every other second I have to look up to see what his numbers are.  We've been moved to another unit today and the nurse hasn't figured out yet that I let every beep and every drop in his oxygen level drive me crazy. It's staying around 96 but it does dip down to 90, 91 when he gets deep in sleep.
Tim and I have been a pretty good team, we take turns sleeping for 2 hours at a time so each of us gets about 4 hrs a night. 
Oh! I just realized it's Mother's Day!!! Happy Mother's Day to my mom, who is an amazing lady with a heart of gold......and Happy Mother's Day to ME, a mom who has been blessed with the most perfect, loving, tender hearted and brave little soul.  I love you Reed Hammond, you are my sunshine!


Photobucket

No comments: