August 4, 2010

Sometimes we forget

Sometimes we forget that Reed is adopted. Not that he's adopted, but that he must have questions and feelings about his adoption that we just don't realize. Although he's only three, his little mind understands so much more than we think.

The other day Reed was acting like his silly self laughing and cutting up. His personality has really flourished lately and he is just so full of life.
I looked at Tim and simply said "Just imagine how different he would be if he was still in that place". Before Tim could say anything Reed said "you come to China to get ME-- for me, on a airplane!!" He knew exactly what I was talking about without me even saying it.

Today we went to the cleft clinic for a checkup and they said he is very behind on his speech and that he has a long way to go (we're still waiting on his first speech session and aren't very happy about the wait). Dr G suggested that we hold his nose and try to get him to learn how to say words that start with P and B, this is one of his biggest struggles right now. When we got home we were talking about how when he drinks through a straw he sucks air in his nose. I was trying to show him how to close his lips tighter and suck through his mouth and he said "I don't want to do it through my nose anymore" I felt so bad because he thought he was doing something wrong :(
Pictures from this week:

Aug 5 (Day 32) Doing our homework- blowing through a straw

Aug 4 (Day 31)

Aug 3 (Day 30) Aug 2 (Day 29)

Aug 1 (Day 28) BBQ or Chocolate?

2 comments:

Russ and Lisa W. said...

Oh Tina!! He is growing up so fast!! How Handsome!! I am just sitting here in tears thinking about you all! How happy children fill our hearts! Oh I kust want to give him kisses all over! lol
Love you guys!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So cute. I agree that these little children of ours are way smarter and remember way more than any of us could even imagine. God truly blessed us all by leading us to our sweet children.

I pray that you are able to get the speech therapy issues resolved and that Reed will soon get the therapy sessions he so needs and deserves. Just keep doing what you are doing at home and he will continue to progress.

Love you all
Becky