October 9, 2012

Patience

Having patience is not one of my best attributes.   I drive fast, walk fast and complete tasks at work as fast as I can.  I always feel the need to hurry and get where I'm going, no time to drive a little slower and look at the scenery.
I know without a doubt that my patience has been tested big over the last several years, but evidentially I have failed to learn the lesson so the testing continues......

...........waiting for almost 3 yrs to find Reed and work through the obstacles to bring him home
...........waiting through appointment after appointment and surgery after surgery
...........waiting for months to get speech therapy approved and scheduled through the school system
...........waiting for insurance to approve additional surgery, and now that pre cert has been denied,
...........waiting for the appeal process.

As I type this post I realize that my biggest lesson in these things is to do exactly what I have failed to do-  SLOW DOWN.  I should enjoy these days because even though we may spend them waiting for things to happen, they pass by was too fast and each one should be lived in the moment.

Stopping to smell the roses,


Photobucket

No comments: