We have however had a few hard days, kids making fun of him and asking why his nose and mouth look "so funny". He got in trouble one day for "not keeping his hands to himself" when a couple of boys were pointing and making fun of him on the playground. He talks alot about missing his friends from preschool, especially one little boy that he loved to play with, "T".
One Saturday we ran into the preschool director and Reed cried when she gave him a big hug. Since that day, he has been talking about his friend T and how wants to see him. We didn't have a phone number or address for T so Reed wrote a letter letting him know that he misses him and that he would love to see him, stuck a stamp on it and dropped it at the church to be mailed . Well, last night guess who called!!! Reed was soooo excited that he answered the phone sobbing saying "I miss you buddy". I spoke with T's mom after the boys talked and they are buying a house in the same school district and T will soon be coming to school with Reed and could even end up in the same class.
We're going to set up a play date after they get settled in from the move. Don't you just love it when you get a clear glimpse of God's work?! Reed prayed for T when he got off the phone and still had a smile on his face when he fell asleep.......thank you Father for putting a smile on my baby's face.
8/22/12 first day of school, all smiles
2 comments:
Ohhh God is so faithful!!! I have been praying and praying and praying for a special friend for Reed....Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my...now I'm blubbering. That precious boy is such a blessing to all of us I just can't comprehend how anyone could ever be cruel or hurtful to him. I am thankful for "T" and that God is bringing him closer to Reed. I need to pray for forgiveness for my anger for those who could be mean to him. Really pushes my evil buttons!
Post a Comment