October 26, 2008

Balloons galore!

I've been wanting to have a mural of hot air balloons painted in Reed's room. I left a couple messages with a few people that friends suggested and never heard back from them. I'm glad my calls were not returned because we decided to try and do it ourselves and we're having so much FUN. (ok, I'm having fun and Tim is doing most of the work). I came up with the bright idea of printing out a few balloon pictures and enlarging them on a copier...........we taped them to the wall, traced around them, drew in the lines and walah- balloons galore!! I LOVE it. It is SO cute!! I haven't figured out how to do the clouds yet, but the balloons are really cute. Here's all we've (Tim's) got done so far.........
It got dark outside and I forgot to turn on the flash so the wall color looks funny but the blue with all the bright colors looks really good.

Who's got the best hubby EVER?!

6 comments:

Hope for Lucy said...

Tell Mr. Tim that he is doing an awesome job. Its going to be so cute when you finish.
Reed is going to love...love her room! I cant wait for Mommy and Daddy to hold him in their arms.
Praying your LOA comes soon. Im determined nobody is going to wait as long as we did for their LOA.
Love you guys!
Connie

Russ and Lisa W. said...

Wow, It looks good!!! The clouds will be easy once he get's all those balloons done! lol

Heather BT said...

How cool is that, Acer's room STILL isn't finished but should be soon. We're not going for reall things, abstract lines and circles that bump out of the wall, things like that so Acer can feel a wall and know where he is in his room.
Love the balloons tho' and what a creative way to accomplish it.
Heather BT

Anonymous said...

Tim you did an awesome job. What a great idea and just think of all the money that you saved by doing it yourself. Not to mention Reed will appreciate it so much more knowing that his Mommy and Daddy did it especially for him.

We look forward to the day that he can see all the balloons floating through his new room.

Love

Becky

~Samantha~ said...

TOO CUTE TINA!! Isnt a blast decorating the nursery!! Thanks for the comment about the pictures! I LOVE to take pictures and your will too once that little angel gets here.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tina
The Balloon Art Work is just beautiful! I Love it!!
Joy and I just checked on you for the first time in awhile :(, but we were just talking about what a wonderful Mommy you will be!! You have all the special gifts and then some.........Reed will be so blessed. We can't wait! We pray all the time for you!
Love You
Lily Mei's Auntie and Joy
BTW-Do you have Tim standing in the corner for any reason??