I haven't been able to wear contacts for about 2 months now because I've got dry eyes.
The ophthalmologist said it could be a side effect of an auto immune disease or low estrogen and he wants to plug my tear ducts.
The blood work is back today and no auto immune disease was detected (yippee!) so I've got to go have my estrogen checked. Any of you ladies had this problem?
I recently found an old friend on Faceb()()k and she made a comment about us getting old.
I'm really feeling OLD now :)
4 comments:
I'm sure it is not because you are OLD!
I had this problem in my 20's and I will be 34 in a few weeks.
I have given up wearing contacts for the same reason. I did have my tear ducts blocked MANY years ago with a substance that was only temporary (it dissolved after 6 months or something) and honestly saw no difference. Apparently, some people have tears running down their face with the procedure but I couldn't tell a lick of difference. Could be a hormonal issue. If they can't figure it out, I say find some cute glasses and forget the contacts!
Okay, I'm not much help!
If you are on birth control pills, it definitely can make it WORSE...didn't know that when I was on them many many moons ago.
Hi Tina! Thanks for re-visiting our blog. So many wonderful things have happened this past year since we've brought home Nate. Ok so to comment on your post....I have EXACTLY the same problem. I can't wear my contacts anymore because of dry eyes. My doc said part of it is age (I'm 40), part of it is working on the computer all day and only partially blinking, part of it is low estrogen. I use Genteal eye drops (Moderate/Severe) and use them several times a day. They are awesome. I also have to take estrogen but mainly due to a hysterectomy. Oh well. At least I have a cool pair of glasses for once in my life. haha!
I hope your dry eyes are better!
I'll br more than HAPPY to bake you a cake. Sawsan keeps telling me I need to teach the class cause I already knew how to do everything for this first cake...lol
Love Ya, Lisa
Well, I must say that I am feeling a little 'older'. I just turned 40. But it's all in the attitude I've been told and I have a lot of that.
I hope that your eyes get better. I would think closing your tear ducts would make it harder for your eyes to stay hydrated.
Congratulations on your little boy!
Post a Comment