January 23, 2012

Slamming on the brakes

Ok, so this year I'm one of those who has made a resolution to get in shape. We joined the local Y and so far I'm sticking to a regular routine. I'm up at 5:30 and rushing out to door to workout from 6 to 7. The hardest part is getting everything together so I can shower and leave for work from the gym. I've lost my lock one morning and forgot a bath towel another (good thing my sweet hubby brought me one on his way to work).

So one day last week I hurried out the door like I normally do. Gym bag stuffed full of towel, clothes, hair dryer, deo, shampoo, socks, shoes......you get the picture. I drove maybe 1/2 a mile down the highway and 3 deer darted out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop. Everything in the front seat of my car landed in the floor upside down. "Ugh", I thought to myself...."I don't have time for this!" So I pulled off the road and started picking up the contents of my gym bag that had turned over. After I picked up everything I realized I was missing my blouse for work. I couldn't help but laugh and thank the Lord for making me put on the brakes that morning. I would have looked REAL silly going into work with black slacks and a Dale Earnhardt Jr t-shirt!!

Sometimes we are trucking along going about our day to day when all of a sudden God puts something in our path to get our attention and make us "put on the brakes". If we keep the right attitude and keep trusting and relying on Him no matter how big the obstacle that is laid in our path, we will receive our blessing. What a blessing it was that day to NOT show up at work in my gym clothes!


~Blessed

No comments: