January 22, 2012

Under the covers

Reed does not like to sleep under the covers. No matter how many times I get up in the middle of the night to check on him and softly pull the blanket over him, he always squirms his way out. I often wonder if it's because blankets were not available or used in the orphanage where he slept as an infant. Possibly it's just because he does not like the feeling of something surrounding and covering him.

This morning around 2 am, as I quietly walked into Reed's room and pulled the cover over him, I was reminded of how sometimes we don't feel like we need God's cover in the middle of our darkness. No matter how many times He tries to shield us and protect us we often "kick out from under the cover" and try to handle things instead of resting and trusting in Him. Look beyond your circumstances today and let Him protect you and cover you with His love.

Psalm 91:4
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh how I needed this today my sweet friend. I have been so weepy today and I don't even know why! Thank you for this wonderful reminder of how God covers me:)

Tina said...

Kimberly, Love you and I'm praying your day gets better!! Thank you so much for praying for me, you are golden my friend :)

April said...

What a great post. Love it. I will tell you that Eliana has just started using a blanket. She would freak out and think someone or something was attacking her by the look of her when she had a blanket put over her while she was sleeping. Willow I think just wiggles too much to keep it on.

Tina said...

April, that is great that Eliana is trusting enough to use one now. I hope it's a comfort to her! Sounds like Willow is all over the bed like Reed :)