July 23, 2008

A broken heart

My heart is breaking. Last week we found out our adoption agency was denied Hague accreditation and here's an email we received today from AH. We were supposed to meet with our social worker tomorrow to finish our home study update and that would have completed our dossier. That meeting has been cancelled. What a true test of faith. I'm tired. I'm tired of crying and worrying. I want to trust everything will be ok, but I'm too numb to feel anything right now. I know everything will work out in the end. It may not work out like we want or feel it should, but as long as we continue to trust in Him nothing else should matter. His grace is enough.



Dear *** Family and Friends,

It is with a very heavy heart that I share with you some grim news. ****** will be closing her doors in the near future. The closure is likely to take place between July 31st and August 15th.

In recent weeks, the majority of the staff has been asked to cut back their hours in an attempt to maintain greater financial security. Unfortunately, after meeting with our lawyers and examining the situation, we will have to close down the agency. Though I do not have many details at this time, we will be notifying all families when the closure will take place and how each case will be handled.

Please rest assured that your adoption will not be jeopardized. We are currently working with our licensing entities to find out how to transition all cases to another, accredited agency in the best way possible. We will make sure that no family’s process with be compromised, but will continue on course. In recent months, and after the implementation of the Hague Convention, a number of agencies have had to close their doors as well. Our licensing agencies will ensure that all families are taken care of in the best possible manner to complete their placement/finalization smoothly.

Again, I am very saddened to have to deliver this news today. As more details become available, we will be passing that information along to you. In the meantime, we will continue to conduct business as normal. I apologize for sending this information via email, but I wanted to reach all of my families in a timely manner, and I would not be able to do so with individual phone calls. That being said, and knowing that there are still a lot of gray areas, if you have any questions that you would like to speak with me about, please feel free to email or call me. I will do my best to provide any and all information that I can. I thank you for your understanding, and I will do my best to transition your cases in the days to come.

No comments: