July 5, 2008

Someone let the air out

........of my balloon. I'm not so sure this is going to happen anymore. Our social worker informed us that her agency is not Hague certified so it sounds like they can no longer do China home studies. We have worked with this social worker for 2 years.
She knows everything about us and our families. She wants to help us complete our dream of adopting.
I have faith and I know that God can move mountains but someone has let the air out of my balloon and I'm really being tested right now. I just don't know how this could pan out in our favor. Even if our current CIS approval is grandfathered in, our fingerprints expire in November and that means we would have to complete a request to be reprinted. The new process calls for a 800-A to be processed for all Hague countries so we will not be able to use our social worker at that point.

We've decided to just continue with our paperwork and pray that everything goes through and that our current home study will be accepted.

No comments: