November 17, 2008

Children are a gift



Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 NLT

Heavenly Father,
Please bless the children in our homes and those around the world. Grant them good families to be nurtured in and loving communities to grow up in. Give them enough to eat and positive attitudes toward life and learning. Help our children to grow strong and confident and trusting.
Help them to desire more of Your presence in their lives and help us to be good examples of all that You have taught us and all that You mean to us.
We are all Your children, Lord, and we all need You. Give us wisdom and strength to be the guardians and the guides of our children. If we don't have children of our own, then remind us always to watch over and guard the hearts and minds of children in our families, our church, or our communities for they are all placed in our care.
Help us to do what we can for children in other countries and other cities, for we know that each child was born with a purpose You meant to have fulfilled. We ask Your help in caring for all of Your children each day. Amen.

Worthy thought: We can't form our children on our own concepts; we must take them and love them as God gives them to us. - Goethe


WOW, this one is good.
I pray you have a Blessed week! We're off to the mountains on Thursday.
Connie and Emily; I'm sorry I won't be there for your showers. I hope you get lots of goodies and hope to see you soon after we get back.

4 comments:

Russ and Lisa W. said...

have fun!!! we will miss you thursday. if you haven't driven cades cove, you should. it's very pretty!!

Hope for Lucy said...

What a precious prayer. Yall guys have an awesome time in the mountains and be safe. We love you!

Connie

Sharon said...

BBeautiful!! Tina, you angel! That photo looks just like my neice Gillian! How are you doing?? Is the wait hard or are you peaceful??? I guess I remermber days of both. I am thinking about you!!

Julie said...

Hey Tina,
We are almost there. I can feel it, can you? I am starting to get excited.