As you can guess, I'm usually talking to myself when I post encouraging thoughts. Today I've started to (I hate to use this word) worry about our I-797.
For those who are not hip to the adoption process, here's how this much-cherished document works:
The I-797 is the approval document that is issued to families by the US when an application is filed to adopt internationally. This 'golden ticket' is good for 18 months. If you do not complete your adoption before the 18 months expires, you must complete more paperwork and apply for a new 'golden ticket'. To further complicate things, families must be fingerprinted and the fingerprints must be valid when you travel (fingerprints are good for 15 months- we have had our fingerprints taken THREE times during our wait)
Here's my dilemma: our I-797 is good until Sept 2009 but it states that our fingerprints expire this month.
We were reprinted over a month ago and still have not received an updated I-797 reflecting the new fingerprint expiration dates. We've called the customer service line and they said we must email our branch office. Well, apparently they do not return emails ..........What to do? PRAY, eat chocolate and PRAY some more!
If anyone has any info on how to get through to the Atlanta CIS office, let me know.
2 comments:
Hang in there! It's going to be OK!!
Love,
Monica
I sure wish I knew their number. I have Washington's. :{
I would get your agency involved if you don't have it when your LOA comes. We got ours expedited once we got our LOA.
Travel tips are coming in an email. I'm so sorry this is taken so long.
Love, April
Post a Comment