July 5, 2009

Surgery in the AM

We're back at Children's and Reed is scheduled for surgery in the morning (few hours from now). He just finally went to sleep a few minutes ago and has had a very hard night. We got here around 9:00 and they got us into a room in the ER pretty quick, but it took over an hour (and 3 people) to get his IV in. After he calmed down and we got settled into our room upstairs, we put in a movie and I held him until he was asleep. As I was putting him in bed I noticed a spot of blood on his hospital gown and Tim quickly turned on the light. His lip had ruptured and started to drain and his poor little mouth was covered with infection. We called the nurse and cleaned him up (as you can imagine this was painful). A little while later the Dr came back in to tell us the plan for tomorrow and also took 2 samples of the infection to send to the lab (I had to leave the room for this, a mama can only handle so much).
Please pray everything goes well tomorrow and that they are able to clean out all of the infection and close the wound.
Leaning on Him,
Tina

6 comments:

Paula, With all my heart said...

Praying for you!!

Hope for Lucy said...

We are praying for all of you! We love you!

MississippiZen said...

We will be praying for Reed and for his Mommy and Daddy!

Julie said...

I am praying for Reed and for you. I hope they get this taken care of quickly.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and love for you all!!! Hang in there!!

April said...

I couldn't read this without crying. I am praying for your sweet boy and for you and Tim. You are doing a wonderful job strong and faithful Mama!