April 11, 2009

Heartbroken


Our male husky lost his vision while we were in China. We took him to the eye doc about 2 weeks ago and he had very little vision and I don't think he can see at all now. He is such a good dog and just loves to cuddle and be hugged on. It breaks my heart because he is so scared. We have to coax him out of the dog house and he will not eat. When he was only 9 months old we realized he had juvenile cataracts and he had surgery on both eyes. About a year later his right eye lost vision, now his left eye is gone too. He is such a young dog at 3 yrs and it is just so sad.

3 comments:

LucisMomma said...

Awww. I hope he gets a little bit braver and starts moving around some. My cousin had a dog that was blind and he did learn to get around all right. He was slow, so he didn't hit things, but he did move around.

Give that fur-baby a hug from me! And give Reed a big hug and smoochy from me, too.

Heather BT said...

I've heard of people getting another dog so they could move around side by side. Poor guy, First the new small human comes & now this, so much adjustment.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather. We had a dog, Lexi, who lost her vision at less than a year old. We got another dog who helped lead her around. I also noticed that Lexi would put her paw up and "feel" for the steps in the backyard. It was hard to see her run into things that our son left out but she quickly could run around the backyard with no problems. She was amazing!!! I hope your fur-baby adjusts quickly!