April 25, 2009

One surgery down....



Yesterday's surgery went well. The doc said his ears were worse than he expected and that his hearing should improve by about 30%. He was very unhappy when they brought him back to the room. Poor baby cried and cried until we stepped out into the hall to go home. I guess he was ready to get out of there! Mama wanted to cry too but I held it together :)


12 comments:

Heather BT said...

OOh, I hated having to put Acer into surgery mere weeks after we came home. He had a hernia, so potentially life threatening condition needs to be taken care of right away, no matter that we would like to BOND with the little guy, not cause him more pain. Sigh.

So glad that there's going to be a big improvement for Reed - 30% is huge.

Heather BT

Anonymous said...

Glad things went well. And glad you were able to hold it together. You know what they say that : the little ones sense when we are upset and they get their cues from us. So Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Tina,

I am glad to hear that the procedure went well. It is so hard letting go of your baby for even the shortest bit of time, but knowing that it will help him out so much makes it almost bareable. Glad to hear that you did well also.
Love you guys
Becky

Anonymous said...

So glad Reed's surgery went well! I remember mine coming back from surgery unhappy campers. Just remember...all of this is to help Reed and he will one day thank you for it! Corey has survived 4 sets of ear tubes (plus one extra in his left ear from last year and he's 14!!!), adenoids removed twice, and his tonsils out. Sometimes I think its much harder on us moms than it is on the babies!! Hang in there and awesome job on keeping it together!

Love you all!

Laura

April said...

Glad the first one is down. We are going to be tuff Mama's when we get our kiddos through the many years of surgeries and attachment issues. I really hope and pray this will not set Reed back. The surgery that is the worst before you get to the hard palate repair is the soft palate repair. Eliana was in so much pain for a lot longer than anyone thought she would be. If you can put that surgery off until he is more settled and secure I would. If I could have a do over, we would have waited so much longer. We were home 3 months and I would have waited 6+ months for sure. You are such a great Mama and I'm so happy to see pictures of you two. He is so cute and handsome. Hey I have a daughter...should we work out an arranged marriage. :-) lol

Russ and Lisa W. said...

I am so glad to hear everything went well! I am going to have to exchange Reed's P'J's to a larger size! lol By the time I get to see you he will have out grown them! We miss you guys!

Love Lisa

Hope for Lucy said...

We are so happy that Mr. Reed is doing good and wow a very good improvement of 30%. He is going to be tough boy after all this is done.
We love you and cant wait to see you!
Hugs to all
Connie

Julie said...

I am so happy to hear that Reed is doing better. I noticed a vast improvement in Sarah's hearing after her tubes. Matty sees the ENT next week. I hope all goes well.

LucisMomma said...

So thankful that the first one is over, and the prognosis is good!

Hooray for you for holding it together...hope you got a good cry in during a shower or something, to let the emotions all out.

continuing to pray for Reed and mommy and daddy!

Sharon said...

Oh Tina, you are so brave. That is very hard when your little baby is hurt. So glad things are progressing. Scary but exciting.

My post placement report is in and they do not have an email for Adotpion House since it closed. Do you happen to know an email for some contact there???

Kiss that precious little Reed for me. Such a handsome baby!!

Denna said...

I am glad things went well. I love the pictures.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Poor little guy......30% does seem pretty big.....praying for you guys.