February 28, 2009

Midnight in Nanchang

Check out the room service menu- cheese and pineapple burger- YUMMY
we opted for the tomato, ham pizza. It was prett good!



The view from our room......






It's 1:00 am and we've been up for about 2 hours. Mom and Dad, we've tried to call home but could not get through. We have Skype and have been able to talk to friends, thanks to Monica for getting us set up, I'm SO glad we did.
Today was cold and rainy so we only took one short trip out to the market. What an adventure that was! We are in the 'old' part of town and the streets are pretty narrow. There is a lot of construction so in places you have to walk in the road to get by. The cars and motorcycles do not slow down for pedestrians so you have to move quick! The market was very big- 3 stories. There was shoes and clothes on the main floor and the 2 upper levels are groceries. We bought bottled water, 2 bottles of coke, 2 bottles of OJ, a belt (I forgot mine!) and one box of formula (forgot all about the diapers until we got back to the room!) I think we paid about $20.

So, we went back to the room and slept most of the day. At 3:00 today Helen (our guide) will come to our room and help with the paperwork and we will meet Reed at 3:30!!

Right now we're making oatmeal for breakfast/dinner; whatever you want to call it. Hope our bodies catch up with the time difference today and we can work out a better routine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you room service order went well. The pizza looks like it was pretty yummy. We are so excited that you will be getting Reed in about 12 hours from now. Looking forward to Skyping after you get him. Noah loved Skyping this morning and keeps asking to turn the people back on the computer...LOL
Love
Becky, Jeff & Baby Noah

The Byrd's Nest said...

It usually takes 2 or 3 days to catch up but you will....besides you will be in absolute HEAVEN this afternoon!!!!
Don't you love Skype??? It is really awesome!

Denna said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see Reed in your arms. Trusting that bonding will be great!!!!

Hope for Lucy said...

This is so exciting. Its YOUR turn and cant wait to see sweet Reed in Mommy's arms.

The pictures of the looks so familiar. I think we even had the same food just a couple of months ago (haha).
You not staying staying at the Gloria. That is where we stayed in Nanchang.

I hope the room is getting much cooler. Open the windows, that is what we had to do. We were not able to control the thermostat in rooms.

Looking foward to the next post!!

Love you guys!
Connie

April said...

We couldn't have made it in China without Skype. It kept us going when everything was falling apart. Maybe when you get home we can talk via Skype if you or I ever get time. :-)

Barley Adoption said...

Reed is just such a handsome little man. Oh and his smile just lights up the whole room. I am so glad that you all have finally got your son. Take care and try to get some rest. I almost forgot the whole banging on things is such a boy thing...I don't think they ever grow out of it...LOL...Ok let me wipe my tears now...

RamblingMother said...

He is a handsome boy!! Congrats!