March 26, 2009

Doctor, doctor!


This week has been filled with doctor appointments. On Monday we left home around 9 am and got back at 8 pm. It was an exhausting day and Reed did not appreciate being held down to have blood drawn so my poor baby cried and screamed until I thought he was going to pass out or vomit. I'm so glad that one is over.
Today we left at 6 am and got home close to 4- we met with an ENT, audiologist, speech therapist and plastic surgeon. He has fluid and infection in both ears which has resulted in minor hearing loss. The audiologist believes his hearing will be fully restored after ear tubes.
Overall we are doing great and he amazes me more each day. We were given some good bonding techniques at the IAC and I can already tell a difference. He is responding well and it's starting to feel like he recognizes us as more than just providers.

3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

OH yes...those type of appt.s are NO fun at all. We had to do a total CBC on all of us for our visas to Costa Rica and Mexico and the lab forgot to do the girls blood type....so they have to be stuck AGAIN! sigh.

Heather BT said...

Ooh, I hated those first few weeks of Dr's appointments. I always had to help hold Acer and He'd STILL reach around & grab the syringe. Once he even pulled it out and scratched his leg with it.
Plus he had to go right into surgery for his hernia. It was not fun!
Have you made a Little Reed song - to the tune of some kids song, easy to remember. Sing it in the good times enough and it calms him down in the bad times too.
Hugs!
H

LucisMomma said...

Thank God that first week of doc visits is over! I love the IAC, and all the help they give us.

Do you think Reed would respond well to a haircut? If not, leave it long and do what is best for that little sweety. Who cares if his hair is long? What matters is what you and daddy think, and what Reed can tolerate. :)