March 2, 2009

our sweet boy is sad today

trying so hard to fight sleep...... talking on my phone.....
finally ready for breakfast.....


I believe the grieving process has started and it breaks my heart. Reed slept 10 hours last night and he was hard to wake up this morning. He has been fussy all day and he does not seem like the same happy boy as he has been. He clings on me and cries when I put him down.

Please pray for our sweet boy's comfort and grieving; we could see that his nannies loved him very much and I know it must be hard for him.

12 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Congratulations on your new beautiful baby boy!
We have adopted three from China-what a blessing and privilege! It is so hard to see their little hearts breaking in their grief, but grieving is such a good thing for them. Hang in there....yall are doing a wonderful job!!!!!!!
We were just in Nanchang last October!
I will be praying for little Reed and for wisdom for you both in the moments!
Blessings,
Laine Ferrill--a friend of Monica Carter

Anonymous said...

The grieving process is so important for them to go through...but it is so hard on Mommy and Daddy. You never want to see your baby upset but just keep doing what you are doing and he will come through this process knowing that he has a Mommy and Daddy that he can count on and that LOVE HIM MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF.
He will soon know that you are not going anywhere and your happy boy will be back.
Love you
Becky

Russ and Lisa W. said...

Ohhhh, poor Reed. I know it is hard for you that he is so sad. We will keep all 3 of you in our prayers. You are doing great with him. We love you!

Lisa & Russ

Julie said...

I know this is so hard, but it is very important step in his bonding with you. I will pray that you are able to comfort him.

Lisa said...

This is the sad part. LilyRose was home a little less then 2 months when this hit her. It was so hard but so needed. Once it was over, she never looked back. You will get through this and Reed will be fine.

He really is so darn cute.

Lisa C.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yes it is so hard to watch your precious child be so sad. But as others have said it is healthy for him to grieve. We have experienced extreme grief with Emma Jane so if you ever need anything...maybe even a shoulder just e-mail me Tina.

Reed will remain in my prayers.

The Woodalls said...

It must be so hard for him to make sense of what all has just happened to him. I will be praying for all of you through this difficult part of the process!

Keep doing what you are doing. Trust your instincts. Lean on God. You two are amazing parents!!

Emily

Anonymous said...

Just keep praying sister, we will too! We all know how blessed Reed is to have parents like you & Tim. Though the adjustment may be trying you will all learn and grow from it. Keep smiling for him to see how happy you are and he will know everything is ok. I pray the weather gives you a chance to get out and soak up some sunshine. That will make everything seem brighter. We love you and are praying diligently that time flies until you come home.

Auntie and The Gang said...

Dear Tina and Tim
Hang in there. Those sad days just break all of our hearts......but just look at that smile and those bright eyes and spirit! Yes, I believe he charmed his caretakers! We are praying for your strength!
Love You
Monica's Auntie
Joy just got Reed a book!

Anonymous said...

Tina and Tim I am praying that lil Reed will adjust quickly--he is soo beautiful and he is so fortunate to have you both. Praying for you all--love and hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hello from ALABAMA!!!
I am sorry that Reed is sad today. He will be fine and dandy in no time. I know this is a process that he needs to go thru, but its hard on ya'll. Just keep loving and hugging on him. He will see that his forever Mommy and Daddy is here to stay!
Love ya!!!
Davey, Paula,Rylee and Kenadi

Denna said...

Poor Reed. I know it is a hard time, but it will get better. I love all the pictures. Very precious.