We made it to Guangzhou and it is just beautiful here. We stayed in the old district of Nanchang so walking the island was a breath of fresh air. Our room is twice the size too so that helps.
Reed is still having a hard time and we had a pretty emotional flight here. Mommy wanted to cry and scream with him. Thank you for all the encouraging emails and comments- we know that God has placed this precious child with us and we will get through it together. It's amazing how you can love someone so much that you just met. He melts my heart.
8 comments:
God has brought out together with your son and everything is going to be wonderful. This is just a lot of changes for your Little Man and he isn't quite sure how to handle it all at this point. Enjoy Guangzhou...we loved it and loved getting out and walking and shopping. I wish I would have gone with Jeff when he went off the Island and into the old part of Guangzhou just over the bridge. He said the street martket was really cool and he wished he would have gone there sooner and more often. This is the final stop on your journey...you all will soon be home! :o)
Good to hear that you made it Guangzhou! Almost home! I'm sorry the plane trip wasn't so pleasant. I'm sure that each day the crying spells will be less and less. Not completely gone, because, hey, he is TWO! :)
Emily
It will get better Tina. Reed is processing so much right now and it's hard for him right now. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!!!!
You will love GZ. It really is beautiful and peaceful.
Lisa C.
So glad you made it safe and sound! One step closer to home! I hope you get some major shopping done!! The island is wonderful! Get out and explore...there are lots of neat little shops.
Have a wonderful day! Give that boy a hug for me!
Love you,
Monica
You are almost home!!! You know everyone told me that it would take time with Emma Jane...they said since she was 23 months old when she came home that it would take at least that long to relax and trust us and it was true. Somehow...that 23 month mark showed a huge difference in her. Don't misunderstand me...she was happy ALOT during those months but not relaxed and trusting and accepting of things.
He will be fine...we will continue to cover him in prayer...God is faithful.
It will get better, Sweetheart!
Your Reed is vocal. Our little one shut down at any kind of change. Being vocal is not a bad thing. :) It was a long long time before we knew when Luci was having a rough time. At least you know.
It gets better! We love you and are praying for you all!
Prayers my friend
Heather BT
I am so thankful for everything we have learned this weekend about attachment and we have to talk. I have so much to share with you so you will be more prepared! We have a long road ahead of us with Eliana, but oh how wonderful to be equipped. Please don't think that I'm saying Reed has an Attachment Disorder like Eliana, but I learned so much that can be used with a child that doesn't have RAD. :-) I love Guangzhou and miss it. Love, April
Post a Comment