Tuesday night he slept for 11 hours in his crib, last night he slept for 2 hours and then we were up until about 3:30 before he went back to sleep. He had another episode last night where he cried for about 30 minutes without waking up. Bless his sweet heart, I wonder what he is thinking when he has those spells. Is he missing his playmates and nannies at the orphanage, is he recalling a traumatic event that might have happened while he was there or is he afraid his family life with us will end like all the other relationships he has had so far in his short life?
Monday we go to the IAC (International Adoption Clinic) for his first Dr appointment.
Thursday we go back to Birmingham for the consultation with the cleft team. I pray this goes well. I am very concerned that we have only been home a short time and when we have the surgery he will regress and associate us with the pain. In a way I would love to just leave his cleft the way it is; he is perfect to me and I don't want to see him in pain. I know the surgery will improve his ability to speak and eat and also help clear up his ear infections so we will get through it together.
8 comments:
Loving the pictures....If you need Aunt Teresa and Uncle Rickey to come and wear him down just let us know...We are praying for peace and comfort for you, Reed and Tim. God will be with you and get you thru... Love yall
yes he is perfect and precious.
He is so beautiful. I can't wait for him to come spend the day with Andrew & Carson. They are going to have so much fun playing in the sailboat and club house. Oh and fishing in Uncle Joe's koi pond! :) Get all that doctor stuff behind him so we can have fun!! Love you all.
If it makes you feel any better...Emma had pneumonia and was in the hospital shortly after coming home and I think it only made us closer. She saw that I never left her side for one minute. I will be praying for all of you.
Tina,
I know how you are feeling about the surgery and Reed being in pain. It broke my heart when we had to let Noah go with the surgeon each time he had a procedure done...but it is better for them and you just have to keep telling yourself that. We had Noah's surgery done just 5 weeks after being home and he didn't seem to associate us with the pain. It is best to do it at a young age so that they don't remember it.
Please call if you have questions. Remember when you go to the IAC tomorrow that Reed has only been home a couple of weeks.
Love you guys.
Becky
Tina, you all will be in my prayers as the doc visits go foreward. The group there at the IAC is good, the women are so good and gentle, and they really do understand. When it comes time to do the blood work, they will be the mean ones and then hand Reed back to you so you can be his "rescuers." Reed will associate you with rescuing him from the pain.
Just look at our little boy. His smile lights up a room (along with Mamma and Daddy too).
We are praying for you during these visits at the doctor. I will tell you its hard, but these doctors are amazing. God is with you!
Love you
Connie
Tina,
Reed is so precious. He is such a handsome little guy. I missed you guys the rest of the time we were in China. But we are finally home.
Post a Comment