March 10, 2009

It's official-






March 10, 2009----We have a son! At 4:09 this afternoon we took our oath at the US Consulate's office in Guangzhou. What a surreal experience. I looked over at Tim and we were both trying to hold back the tears.
Next stop, ALABAMA!
(well, Shanghai, Atlanta, and then Alabama)

See ya soon.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...so I am not holding back the tears. I remeber that moment and all the emotions that are running through you. What a blessing you received this trip...this DAY! Congratulations to the Hammond FAMILY! We are praying for a safe and peaceful flight(s). Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! ! ! !
Love Becky

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!!

I hate to say it, but my husband and I did cry 2 years ago. It was a moment I will never forget and I am sure I will cry again this time too.

I so enjoyed following your journey to Reed and have safe trip home. Now life will really begin for you all.

Lisa C.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Praise the Lord! Those pictures make my heart smile big! We are praying for calm, safe travels and NO delays! :) Can't wait to see you at the airport!

We love you!!
Monica

Hope for Lucy said...

I love all the pictures...just so beautiful!
Praying for safe travel, quiet little boy, rest and sleep for all on the plane.
We get to see all THREE of you TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!

Love
Connie

Anonymous said...

Tina and Tim, I am not able to hold back the tears of joy! The three of you were made for each other and the love he has for you is so apparent in every picture. Tina he was made for you to be carrying on your hip--ohhh can't wait to see you all home in Alabama! We love you --Be Safe Traveling! Praying God's mercy surround you all. Cindy

dhiggin said...

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWW
FINALLY!!! Praise GOD. Safe return!
We are soooo happy. The pictures are amazing.
We love you all.
Denice

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Congratulations!!! You all look so happy!!!

Auntie and The Gang said...

Oh Happy Day!!!!!
We Love you and Reed too!
See you soon!!

FYI: Watch out for those Yogurt Snatching Attendents!!

We are still Praying!
Loved the Happy Hammond Smiles

Lily's Auntie

Sonia said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! We are so happy for ya'll... Justin has already mentioned Reed and Tim playing golf. :) Hope you have a safe and on time flight. I know ya'll are ready to be home too. The pups are going to love Reed! We look forward to meeting him soon!
Sonia and Justin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I hope you all each has a happy, safe , peaceful flight and know that we are praying for you all!
Bring your bsby to Sweet Homr Alabama!!

Love & Miss you all
Davey, paula, rylee and Kenadi

Anonymous said...

Tim, Tina & Reed,
Words can't express how happy we are for you. This journey has been long but so very worth it. We are thankful to be able to share this amazing miracle with you. Thank you God for your never ending blessings!

Have a safe trip home and we can't wait to spend lots of fun filled times with your new family.

Love to you all, Joe & Trish

The Byrd's Nest said...

The first family picture is just beautiful!!! I am so happy for you and I am praying for a safe trip home. Home....aren't you excited to bring him to his new home!!!!

Teresa said...

Tim & Tina I can't hold back tears of excitment and joy. After going thru the entire adoption process the ups and downs....God is Good...He had a plan for Reed and now the plan has come thru. I want forget the day we were going to see Becky & Dennis and you told Ricky and I you had Reed.....So glad to be able to welcome Reed to his big family...We can't wait to grow old with Reed. Love yall, Teresa & Ricky

Anonymous said...

can't wait till everthing gets settled down so we can come see you and tim and our little man reed you just let us know when and we'll be there love you becky and dennis

Denna said...

He seems so happy. I am glad you guys are almost home.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I have been sitting here for the past hour and a half and I have to admit that the tears have been pouring down my face. He is such a precious little angel from God. I know what a long journey this has been with all the ups and downs but you will look back in a year and it will be a passing thought because Reed is going to feel your hearts with so much joy and happiness. I know that you will both agree......IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT. Did you ever think you could love someone or something sooooo much! Enjoy youe wonderful new life as a FAMILY OF THREE. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it.

Amanda (Dennis' daughter)

junglemama said...

Lovely photos!